As a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, I enhance my therapeutic skills by taking additional training every year. In the past several years, I have taken advanced courses in addiction and recovery, EMDR, Couples Counseling, and Faith and Psychological Health. I also studied with Dr. James Bugental, taking his five courses, Art of the Psychotherapist I-V.
As an educator, I currently co-teach “Para-Professional Counseling I and II”, through New College Berkeley and Graduate Theological Union. For several years, I co-facilitated a Recovery Class and Ministry, as well as directed a Divorce Recovery Workshop. I have led workshops on marriage, parenting, women’s growth, family systems, stress management, adult children of alcoholics, and co-dependency.
As a woman, I have been married for over 35 years, raised three sons, and am now a grandmother.
• Dominican University, San Rafael, CA
M.S., Counseling Psychology, May 1992
• New College Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
Masters, Christian Studies, May 1986
• University of California, Berkeley, CA
B.A. History of Art, 1974
• Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, California MFC 31729, August 1994
• EMDR Certified, Level I and II, 1995
• PREPARE/ENRICH, Certified Counselor and Teacher, 1994
• Private Practice in Orinda and Marin County since 1994
• Director of Divorce Recovery Workshop, Marin Covenant Church, San Rafael, CA 1992-94
• Catholic Charities, San Rafael, CA, 1991-92
• Marin Grief Counseling and Suicide Prevention Center, San Anselmo, CA, 1989-91
• American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, 2002-Present
• California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, 1992- Present
• East Bay CAMFT, 1997-Present, Marin CAMFT, 1992-Present
• New College Berkeley, Board of Trustees, 1995-Present, Chair, 2004 - Present
• National Association of Christian Recovery, 1992-Present
• American Association of Christian Counselors, 1997-Present
• 1982, Radix Magazine, “Being a Woman in God’s Family”
• 2001, EBCAMFT and Marin CAMFT Newsletter, “You Never Know”